Friday, October 19, 2007

August 2007

River Cities Triathlon
River Cities
This was an interesting experience. I stayed in Shreveport with 3 people I had never even met before. They were Elizabeth Halliburton's friends and I just went along with it. Turns out one of the girls went to Lake Highlands HS and one of the guys went to North Mesquite HS. Small world! It made for some good conversation, anyways.

So the race was OK. I'm not doing River Cities next year. I just don't care that much to go down there for it again. I mean, the race packet is always amazing but I'm over it.

I had unrealistic expectations going into this race. My results were not as good as last year's and I made judgments based on that fact alone. Stupid reasoning really. My training has been awesome and to use my "time" as a measuring stick from one year to the next, given my goal right now is to do an Ironman, is just not too smart right now. So this race allowed me to re-focus really what the heck my goals are and why I'm doing what I'm doing. age group overall

Accelerade
Accelerade
I teamed up with Justin Finck from Austin to start representing and promoting Accelerade in Dallas. This has been a cool way to get the word out on a great product and meet tons of great people.

No comments: