Tuesday, June 5, 2007

USA Triathlon Coach and Summer update




Ok, so I just got back from Clermont, Florida where I completed Level I certification to be a USA Triathlon coach. Pretty cool stuff. I learned a ton and am becoming more and more confident in what I have to offer as a coach. I brought the rainy Texas weather with me...didn't see the sun in Florida until the last day due to the tropical storms all around. Overall, great trip but I'm glad to be back in Texas so I can get back to some training.
.
I enjoyed the week off from school. Man I needed the rest and break more than I knew. Teaching in public school is over...time for a change!
.
This week I am more focused on following through with contacts and networking to line up a job for the fall. A lot of people seem intimidated by this process and freak out if they don't have a job lined up. I welcome it and am actually excited about searching for a line of work that will be a great fit. It's out there and I trust that God will lead me to the right place.
.
I finally have some races on the schedule that I'm excited about: Tri Raider sprint in June (Lubbock, Tx), Disco Triathlon in July (Denton, Tx) and River Cities in August (Shreveport, LA). I'm sure I'll have a late season Olympic distance and Half IM but not sure which ones yet...maybe Texas Man Half in September, we'll see.
.
That's it for now. More to come soon I'm sure.

No comments: