Friday, April 4, 2008

9 days away...

Since 2003, I have run 3,930 miles.

And since 2005, I have cycled 12,270 miles and have swum nearly 602,000 meters.

I started running 5 years ago.

I clearly remember being in grad school and setting the goal of running 5 miles without stopping. I wrote it down and everything. This was huge for me at the the time.

One night later that semester I was feeling motivated and went up to the Student Life Center at Baylor with my new shoes from Luke's and attempted the 5 mile run on a treadmill. I was stepping in to the unknown!

It was such a satisfying feeling to finish that run. I remember how invigorated I felt. A few months later I attempted the 8 mile Turkey Trot and then a few months after that a half marathon and on and on and on it went...

In 9 days I will attempt a full distance triathlon in Tempe, Arizona. 2.4 mile swim. 112 miles on the bike. A 26.2 marathon run. Five years ago if you would have told me I'd be doing an Ironman, I would have told you that you are crazy!

So much has gone in to preparing for this race on April 13th...

I can't wait to do this! The journey has been amazing. And the training has been a lot of fun.

You can track me on race day at: www.ironman.com

I'll be wearing bib number 318.

Thanks for all your support along the way!

David

P.S. I can't even begin to describe to you how much food I have eaten over the past few months to keep up with this training...it's ridiculous!
food

No comments: