Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mandy is dying

miss luckydog mandy choctaw

Sorry for being so blunt. Mandy has lymphosarcoma and it is uncertain how much longer she will be with us.

I took her in for her yearly visit and mentioned to the vet that her lymph nodes had been a little bit swollen. I also said that one day she had been breathing funny and had been randomly vomiting. I thought it was just a virus or something. I was wrong.

Cancer.

Wow, this is pretty hard. The day I found out I was pretty emotional about it. Mandy has been by my side for 8 years now. She has been such an awesome dog.

But I am choosing to focus on the fact that she is still alive and everyday she wakes up with me is a good day, regardless of how hard it is to see the cancer slowly take over.

More to follow soon...

Since we found out, Mandy has had many visitors come over.... apparently she is very loved!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OHHHH MANDY GIRL...WE LOVEEEEE LOVEEEEE LOVEEEE YOU :)
SUGIE SUGIE MANDY GIRL

COLE said...

sorry i didn't get to see you guys when i was in town this past weekend. i love mandy!!