Saturday, April 21, 2007

April 13th, 2008

Well, I did it. I signed up for Ironman Arizona 2008. I already decided I was going to do this race about a month ago - but coughing up the $500 for the entry fee somehow made it all a little more real. I really am going to do an Ironman.

The race seems so much bigger than me. I remember signing up for my first marathon and all the doubts that came along with it. All I knew is that it was calling me, and that I had to do it.

And so it is with the Ironman.

There's something about the Ironman distance triathlon that draws me to it. Maybe it's the mystique of the whole thing, or maybe it's the fact that swimming 2.4miles, cycling 112miles, and running 26.2miles all in one day just flat out seems ridiculous.

But the challenge of it motivates me. I'm intrigued by limits. Bring it on!

No comments: